segunda-feira, 11 de novembro de 2013

CLARIE WILLIAMS / AYRTON SENNA

Claire Williams


" Ayrton was a childhood hero of mine. I was 16 when he came to Williams, and Dad had been obsessed with him for years. So when he finally got Ayrton to drive for us, we were amazed. It was just phenomenal that Ayrton was coming to our team.

" I remember at the 1992 Hungarian GP when Nigel won the championship, I walked into Dad's hotel room one evening to say goodnight ... I was wearing my nightie and I walked through the inter-connecting doors and Ayrton Senna was standing in the room. I felt so awkward - I was mortified ! At the time he was this god of the sport and I had a real schoolgirl crush on him.

" I knew what they were probably discussing. I think that it was the weekend that Ayrton got a waiter to pass a note to Patrick Head at dinner, saying : ' I'll drive for you for nothing'. We already had our driver line-up for 1993, but Ayrton was desperate to drive for us because he knew we had the best car. So when Imola happened, it was absolutely devastating for all of us. But we honour Ayrton at Williams and Frank is still in a we of him, as is most of the world ".